Creating a homemade gift voucher or DIY coupon booklet can be a great gift solution. They’re original, can be low cost and you don’t need to wait for delivery. Need some inspiration? Read on, I’ve got you covered…
Reasons to give a DIY gift voucher
Giving a homemade gift voucher or coupons solves a lot of different problems. Whether you:
- can’t get to the shops;
- left it too late to get a gift delivered;
- are a bit strapped for cash;
- can’t think of anything the recipient needs;
- want to give a gift (like an experience) that can’t be wrapped;
- want to offer flexibility to the recipient; or
- want to give a gift that is a bit different and much more personal
making your own gift vouchers ticks all the boxes!
Ideas for homemade gift vouchers
You can either give a voucher for something that will cost money later on, or offer coupons for a gift that makes use of your time, effort and/or talents!
Here are some ideas:
- Breakfast in bed
- Trip to theatre or cinema to see the show of their choice
- A romantic dinner for two
- A back rub or massage
- Wash the dishes for a week
- Car wash and valet
- A tank full of petrol
- A night of babysitting
- A new outfit
- Sexy treats (for your other half only!)
- A ‘taxi service’ to and from a destination of their choice (great for teenagers)
- Mow their lawn
- A home cooked meal delivered to their door
- Daily dog walking for a week or a month
- A bubble bath with candles, champagne/hot chocolate and no interruptions!
Hopefully these will inspire you to come up with some of your own ideas too. You can come up with homemade gift voucher ideas for pretty much anybody, from children to grandparents and everyone in between. As long as it’s something they actually want, you can’t really go wrong!
There are several different ways to present your voucher or coupons. You could use a greeting card with the gift written inside, print out a gift voucher or certificate or create a booklet of coupons. If you’re not very crafty or don’t much like making or designing things there are plenty of gift voucher templates online you can use. You could also just buy a small notebook and write a variety of different coupon ideas on each page inside. With homemade gift vouchers it’s very much the thought that counts, so don’t worry too much if your presentation is a bit lacking 😁
If you come up with any great ideas and post them on Instagram or Facebook, tag me (@loulongworth) so I can be inspired too!